About Matter Of Form
Matter Of Form is a branding, innovation and digital transformation agency. We Make Change Effective™ for organisations who value their brand above all else.
In 2017 Matter Of Form were finalists for The Drum’s DADi Agency of the Year Award; finalists for The eCommerce Agency of The Year Award; Winner of CreativePool Emerging Agency of The Year; and a Top Ten Place to Work. 12 projects were shortlisted for awards across 6 bodies.
We work with clients such as Aman Resorts, Belmond, Banham, Chiva Som, The Rug Company, Yachting Partners International, Tangle Teezer, World Economic Forum, UN Global Alliance for Human Rights and UNICEF.
We love exploring the future of the sectors we work across, and have a rich and varied trends and thought leadership programme.
Our agency culture is relaxed, smart and collegiate — we’re comprised of 40 strategists, producers, experience designers, content producers, and engineers.
Our work retrospective can be downloaded here.
Helping business bring new ventures to market effectively. Typically this involves brand strategy, UX and digital product design, partnering with specialist suppliers for build.
Content-driven web and mobile platforms. Typically this includes UX, content strategy, experience design and CMS build. Our focus is to sustain ongoing relationships with our clients, iterating on their digital properties and demonstrating clear ROI.
Magento websites with truly differentiated user experience. Currently we are aspiring to drive engagement across the wider customer journey (including in-store, as a key focus for the medium term).
We are a 40 person team, split between design, UX, project management and development. Sustaining a positive, good-hearted culture is our key priority. We audit every HR and client engagement decision against our ability to adhere to our value system:
Exceptional Craftsmanship: In our design, strategic approach, and the quality of our code.
Inspired by Challenge: Uncover subtlety to inform innovation.
Good-Hearted Business: An approach that underpins our approach to every interaction with our clients and to each other.
Humble yet Forthright: Bold, confident and well informed points of view, conveyed without jargon or complacency.
● First Class Training Programme
● The chance to be instrumental in growing MOF to craft the best digital experiences for the world’s best brands
● Smart, relaxed team, who love their craft, and each other. We are a purposefully small team of 40 who work on big projects
● Laptop of choice
We hear your voice, value your input, and will adapt when presented with rationale
Please send CV and covering letter to Oona Hook ([email protected]) with the job role in the subject line – no recruiters
Full time: Additional Design Director: Up to £70k
We are looking for an additional Design Director to work in parallel with our exceptional Design Lead. You will collaborate with our Designers, UX and Interactive developers across pitches and current projects spanning our wide client range.
You will be expected to contribute conceptually and visually from an interaction and visual design standpoint (providing insights and a fresh perspective on UX and UI design), taking ownership of projects from initial sketching through to a pixel-perfect final deliverable will be important.
You will be a solid visual designer, with flawless typographic fundamentals mixed with a great understanding of brand and UI. You will work on a wide variety of projects, from brand communications through to advertising, digital experience design and enterprise web. You should be inherently versatile and experience mentoring junior designers is a must.
- Conceive and create beautiful design solutions that fulfil business objectives.
- Prototype and iterate on design concepts to ensure robust results. Strive to understand the executional complexities of your creative solutions.
- Design moodboards, storyboards. Contribute to the development of experience maps.
- Quality assure and audit deliverables from the junior team.
- Liaise with other team members to ensure that your creative vision is realised through to final output. Take a natural interest in how micro-interactions contribute to design solutions.
- Create and adhere to style guides.
- Provide rationale behind design decisions and be confident to present to clients.
- Excellent understanding of brand, design and technology fundamentals. (strategy, typography, grid systems, interaction, responsive behaviours)
- Speedy delivery. Experience in designing UI & E-Commerce
- 5 Years plus experience
- Highly professional approach to work – the final 5% matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Confident at presenting work
- Expert level knowledge of Creative Suite. Knowledge and experience in other creative disciplines
- Knowledge of Animation software or CSS coding is a bonus
Full time: Junior Web Developer: £25k-£30k depending on experience
We are looking for a talented, ambitious front-end web developer to join our technology department. You should be familiar with modern front-end web technologies and build processes, and have experience of creating responsive web designs from flat designs. Attention to detail and an eye for design are essential.
You will be joining a growing team of developers and will work closely with our design and UX departments on a variety of new and existing digital projects, with a real opportunity to learn new things and grow as a practitioner.
- Build responsive web pages from sketch designs
- Test work across browser/device using browserstack
- Address bugs raised on JIRA tickets
- Work closely with design and UX to review feasibility of designs
- Work with back-end developers to integrate with CMS and other back-end tech.
- Front-end: HTML5, CSS3, git,
- Build processes: gulp/webpack,
- Working with git workflow
- An understanding of Accessibility and assistive technologies
- Good understanding of web technologies and web best practices
Nice to Have:
- Working familiarity with Sketch / Photoshop.
- Experience using templating tools i.e Jade / Handlebars.
- Have an interest in current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards.
- Confidence in communicating clearly and concisely with people who have varying levels of technical literacy.